The first time a tried this salad was at a friend of mine. It is a true meal salad: delicious on a nice summer day so I've called this "Percy's salad". I hope you will enjoy it.
- Cut the chicken breast in small cubes, flavour with salt, pepper and garlic. Grill the chicken in a grilling pan until it has a nice brown/golden colour. Let it cool down.
- Hardboil and peal the eggs.
- Cut the peppers (capsicum), onion and mushrooms in small pieces. Wash the lettuce and cut it into pieces.
- Put the chicken, peppers, unions, mushrooms and lettuce in a large salad bowl.
- Roast the pine nuts in a pan (you can also use them unroasted).
- Mix all ingredients in the salad bowl.
The dressing: Put the crumbled blue cheese in a bowl and mix with the hot water until you have a smooth substance, add the mayonnaise and sour cream, then the tabasco (optional). Allow to cool in the fridge for half an hour.
To serve: Just before serving, toss the dressing through the salad. Place the salad on a serving bowl or shared plate. Cut the eggs into four quarters, place on top with the croutons and top with the grated cheese.
Tips from the author
Many variations are possible. Replace the grilled chicken breast for smoked chicken breast or the blue cheese dressing for a honey-mustard one. You can add a tomato and also replace the pine seeds for sesame seeds, walnuts or almonds.