Vegetables in the classroom
Have you ever thought about incorporating salads into the classroom? Here are some ideas for activities to share with your classmates:
1. Your class could like us on Facebook
2. Share a 'salad story' about what your class can do with salads and vegetables, for example:
• News about your school garden or window sill project with vegetables
• What salads you have prepared with the harvest?
• Which vegetables or fruits you do you snack on during the breaks?
• Challenge other schools to start a salad vegetable project!
3. Have a lesson all about salads and vegetables!
Teachers: You can find some great tips and facts about fruit and vegetables and some fun serving ideas in our 'Salapedia' section - lovemysalad.com/en/salapedia
For more information on how kids can interact with vegetables, here are some links:
Some extra ideas:
Bring a few vegetables to school to show during your lesson and talk about them;
Visit a local grower or greengrocer and learn about all the different vegetables you can buy;
Make a salad to share. Snack on slices of cucumber, small tomatoes and carrots. Enjoy being a salad fan!
Looking for some more fun for kids? Download our SaladPic app where you can take photos, convert them to drawings, and paint them using fruits and vegetables.