Homemade edible Christmas tree
Did you know, that a Christmas tree was traditionally decorated with edibles such as apples and dates? Later it began to be illuminated by candles, which with electrification could also be replaced by lights. Inspired by ancient times, we created an edible Christmas tree with cucumber to prepare with your kids. Healthy, fun, and sure to impress your guests!
What you need:
1 red pepper
1 bamboo skewer
1. Cut off the tip of the cucumber about 2 inches long and stick the skewer in the middle to create the base (this is how the Christmas tree will stand)
2. Slice the cucumber, not too thin and not too thick
3. Slice the cucumber across the skewer
4. Feather out the cucumber to be the shape of Christmas tree, or any other tree
5. Place a triangle tip of the red pepper on top to complete the Christmas three shape
6. Decorate your cucumber Christmas tree tiny parts of the pepper
7. Place snow (cottage cheese) underneath the tree
Looking for some more fun for kids? Download our SaladPic app where you can take photos, convert them to drawings, and paint them using fruits and vegetables.