- A 275 g punnet of 8-10 cocktail truss tomatoes (quartered)
- some fresh basil leaves
- 8-10 baby bocconcini (halved)
- salt to taste
- virgin olive oil (that's all!)
1. Turn on the music & pour yourself a glass of good red wine.
2. Quarter the cocktail tomatoes and place in a bowl. Coat with a good lugg of olive oil and leave to sit for 10 minutes
On small tapas plates serve the tomato quarters and bocconcini. Drizzle some olive oil, rip or tear some fresh basil leaves over the top and finish with a touch of ground sea salt. Or serve on a large flat plate and let your guests help themselves - - they will be back for more...
Variation: bocconcini is optional! - tomato and basil alone is sensational.
Tip: for the best flavour, serve tomatoes at room temperature (avoid storing them in the fridge)
A large platter salad for 4 or more to enjoy.