- 1 continental cucumber (sliced)
- 40g radish (2 or 3 sliced)
- 40g carrot (1 carrot)
- 20g paw-paw (papaya)
- 1 spring onion (or shallot)
- 1 bunch coriander
- 30g toasted peanuts
- Pickle ingredients: 50g sugar; 50g white vinegar; pinch of salt.
- Juice of 1 lime
- 25 ml fish sauce
- 1 birds eye chili (small hot red pepper)
- 30g palm sugar
- 30ml peanut oil
Pickle carrot and radish. Julienne radish and carrot, add sugar, vinegar and salt. Allow to sit for at least 2 hours. Drain liquid.
Finely chop bird’s eye chili and add to lime juice. Combine fish sauce together with palm sugar and peanut oil, mix well. Mix all together.
Julienne sliced cucumber, green pawpaw and spring onion. Crush toasted peanuts, pick desired amount of coriander leaves. Mix all vegetables together and add the chili lime dressing.
Plan this salad ahead of time if you want to make your own pickled vegetables.