- 1 Frisee Lettuce (fancy)
- 400g/14 oz mini plum tomatoes
- 1 large red onions sliced into thin rings
- 400g/14oz green beans
- 1 handful of black olives
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 2 cans of tuna in oil, drained
- 8 anchovy fillets in oil, drained
- 1 can of artichoke hearts, drained
- 8 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Put a large pan of salted water onto heat, wash the green beans and cut the tops off. When the water boils add the green beans and cook them for a short time. Do not over cook them, they should be tender but with a little crunch. Rinse with cold water and leave them to cool.
Wash and dry the lettuce and divide between 4 plates. Cut the tomatoes in halves and eggs into wedges. Divide the tomatoes, onion rings, cold green beans, artichoke hearts, olives and eggs over the lettuce.
Prepare the dressing by mixing the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice and crushed garlic. Add sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and divide the dressing over the salad. Divide the tuna chunks and achovy fillets between the plates and servce each with a lemon wedge.
Serves 4 to share.