- 1/2 butter head lettuce (salanova)
- 1 ounce (big handful) baby spinach, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 red sweet pepper (capsicum) thick slices and grilled
- 1 small eggplant (aubergine) - sliced & grilled then cut into strips
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- Some black olives
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
Grill the eggplant and sweet pepper, let cool. Then on a large salad plate start with a layer of the lettuce and spinach leaves, then a layer of the grilled vegetables, followed by the sundried tomatoes and olives.
For the dressing:
In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, garlic, salt and pepper, vinegar and olive oil to make the dressing. Drizzle each plate with some of the dressing.
A salad for two to share.