- 400 g cooked pasta (penne)
- 75 g rocket
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- pitted green olives, halved
- 150 g smoked chicken strips
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian herbs (oregano, thyme, basil, fresh or frozen)
- 250 g light cheese, cut into thin strips
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon red or green pesto
Cook the pasta al dente, drain and rinse with cold water.
Slice the rocket slightly smaller.
Carefully spoon the salad ingredients together.
Mix the ingredients for the dressing and stir into the salad.
Sprinkle the salad with chopped walnuts or toasted breadcrumbs.
This salad serves 4 people as a starter.